128 MB Ram computer

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:13:18 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 7:48 PM, irlandes <brucemcgovern at earthlink.net>wrote:

> Sorry, but it looks like they need to try an older version of Puppy for
> that minimal machine. Ubuntu was never designed for ultra-minimal
> machines. Puppy was. Sorry to bring up a competitive distro, but the
> truth is always best.

Hi,

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It is obvious that you did 'not' read my previous
reply -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-quality/2014-January/004804.html

Kindly have a look at this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1590614and
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1590614&page=16

Before making such statement ;)

And yes, that was me who did that experiment so I am 1000% sure of what I
am stating here :)

I have seen a 265MB Laptop a month ago or so. Unfortunately, I had to use
SliTaz because that machine had some complications and I couldn't install
Ubuntu based system: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2193076

However, I am now working with good friend of mine on a system that is
based on Ubuntu and will be even lighter than Lubuntu. Very light and very
minimal and basic. We haven't yet chosen a name but hopefully soon, we will
:)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2130718 - the current name is
taken so we can't use it. Not to mention the legal stuff :)

BUT:
While you can 'still' install Ubuntu based system on very low hardware
machines, with 128MB, NO matter what system you use, with heavy websites
like Facebook, YouTube and/or Gmail, your chances are very low.

As pointed out, with 128MB, you can use CLI :)

Thank you!

Best Regards,