The bottleneck is triaging

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 16:22:41 UTC 2014

Thomas Ward:
 > I'm going to come out and say that you haven't defined the scope of
 > your metrics or your method of assessing the metrics.

Sorry, that's true. You can analyse that in <http://tinyurl.com/kot2k52>.

Thomas Ward:
 > Are you certain that's the only bottleneck?
 >
 > Part of me believes that another potential bottleneck is not
 > actually the triage process - rather the hurdle of finding
 > individuals willing to maintain the Universe software.

The metric is for Ubuntu as a hole. So it would indicate that if a
project doesn't gather enough development attention it isn't because
people isn't interested in helping Ubuntu, but that particular project.

Michel Memeteau:
> Alberto , the solution is not to flag bugs as won't fix when you don't
> understand them correctly like this one :
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1371274
>
> Please don't do that if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing.

This is not related with the topic in this thread. You are welcome to
open a new conversation, but not to hijack ongoing ones.

Thomas Ward:
 > Marking bugs as "Won't Fix" or a status that is not relevant in the
 > specific case are another bottleneck - triagers who don't fully
 > understand what should be done.

Google stated a long time ago that Chrome is Chromium with the
capability of running proprietary code.

Chromium developers closed it upstream because patching that bug is
equal to building a second Chrome browser.