My Lubuntu Trusty upgrade experiences

Dale Visser dale.visser at live.com
Sat Apr 19 13:59:48 UTC 2014

Brian:

I suppose reasonable people can disagree on what is best
here. I was not really harmed by my lack of understanding about the
delay. As I said, both upgrade methods went as well as could be
expected, which is a testament to the hard work of the Ubuntu and
Lubuntu developer teams.

I sometimes forget that the world moves
on "internet time" now, which is even faster than the "24-hour news
cycle" introduced a couple of decades ago by CNN. Even I lacked the
patience to sit and read the announcement in detail before I acted.

Best regards,
Dale