Ubuntu One

Damir B damir.b at outlook.com
Wed Apr 16 14:15:11 UTC 2014

Hello,

An easy way to "uninstall it all" would be to open up Synaptic package manager* and search for any ubuntu one related packages and mark them for removal. Do pay attention do any critical packages that might get removed in the process however as you ultimately might not want to remove it depending on its dependencies. As for why any Ubuntu One packages come by default in 14.04 at all since the service will be disabled soon (and then deleted/removed completely soon after) is a good question.

Was this an executive decision or were the packages just never removed following the announcement? I agree that they should be removed since the service is officially discontinued.

Damir

*If you don't have Synaptic installed, run sudo apt-get install synaptic in a terminal prompt first.