Ubuntu one

Gabor Toth gabor.me at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 14:07:11 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've just recently installed 14.04 beta and noticed one thing I wanted to
mention here.

During install the installer let's you log into or create an account in
Ubuntu One.  At the end of installation on the launcher icons for Ubuntu
One and Ubuntu One Music Store are placed automatically.

However, according to the Ubuntu One team, Ubuntu One is being
discontinued, no further sign ups are accepted and the whole service will
be canceled in a month or two.

Should this be taken out from the install?  I do not even know a way to
easily uninstall it all.  Newbies will run into this as problem.

What do you say?

Gabor Toth

gabor.me at gmail.com