Bug importances - Suggestion for improvement

Thomas Ward teward at trekweb.org
Tue Apr 8 12:51:50 UTC 2014

I disagree with you here.

The "Critical" priority, in my opinion, should apply only to bugs which cause critical loss of functionality, either a crash or something in core not working and causing a "cascade" of problems in other applications, or super severe exploits, or some other, truly critical bug, which absolutely demands developers' full attention immediately.

Why would we want to put a "simplifies the packaging" or other "simplifies X" (where X is anything) bugs as Critical priority, which basically is a screaming red alert to devs for their respective packages?

------
Thomas
LP: ~teward

*Sent from my iPhone.  Please excuse any typos, as they are likely to happen by accident.*