Display card and monitor problem on Ubuntu 14.04

Baris Ergun barisergun75 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 20:23:19 UTC 2014

I decided to test Ubuntu 14.04 because of Nvidia Optimus graphic card
support.

This is my kernel:

3.13.0-19-generic

This is my graphic card information:

GeForce 710M VBIOS Version:75.17.53.00.5f

I have Nvidia driver 331.38-0ubuntu6 version installed along with
nvidia-prime 0.6.2 version.

And from Nvidia Settings Nvidia GPU is selected.

My problem is that my LG LED TV 22MA33D model is shown as Unknown Monitor
from the Display Settings. I can overcome that by using cvt and xrandr
adding the desired resolution to my monitor and than selecting it from
Display Settings. But some letters seems to me blur and I suspect from the
refresh rate incompatibility. With my current hardware I ready to provide
you further information for an out of box support on Ubuntu 14.04 for this
hardware :)

--
Barış