[Ubuntu Touch] Recruiting Mobile Devs for a Side Project

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 31 17:01:52 UTC 2013

On 31/10/13 16:42, Vec7 wrote:
> So I started looking into the skin and bones of Ubuntu Touch, and saw
> it is basically compatible with most phones, if they meet a certain
> standard (And a massive amount of recreating the hardware-related
> extensions). I have no idea if anybody has already started looking
> into/programmed this on an unofficial level, but if there isn't
> already a team looking into it, I would be more than happy to start
> one. Just throwing ideas out there. Any information or suggestions on
> this topic? Many thanks!
> And as for the subject, just wanted to grab a few people interested in
> the project if all possible, so as always, shoot me an email if you're
> interested.

I would possibly have a go if someone could point me at a device known
to work and show me how to load the os onto it.  But it would depend on
the cost of a suitable phone or small tablet.  I'd be buying the device
for Ubuntu Touch only, so would not want to waste money on an unsuitable
device.  Could I suggest a wiki page with tried devices and how to load
the system without bricking the device?

Any thoughts?

Barry Drake.