Final RC Testing

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Fri Oct 4 20:16:20 UTC 2013

We're 2 weeks away from release now, and it's time to batten down the
hatches! Mark your calendars for October 10th. On that date we'll start
final image testing. This will invovle downloading the image and
installing and/or upgrading your machine to use it. We love getting
results from real hardware for this testing! Use your real working
machines and provide feedback on if it's working or not. We'll be using
the isotracker at iso.qa.ubuntu.com for this work.

I would encourage you to invite others who might not normally test take
part in this as well. The RC images are "intended" to be release
quality, so while backups are important (ALWAYS have a backup going for
your system!), these are definitely test worthy images and should
provide an early upgrade for most folks and a chance to skip the
download lines on release day :-)

I'll share more next week, but let's get ready to test. Thanks everyone!