[Ubuntu-phone] Policy: filing bugs against Ubuntu packages instead of upstream projects

Thomi Richards thomi.richards at canonical.com
Tue Nov 26 19:55:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Ursula Junque <ursinha at ursinha.net> wrote:

> Is there a tool we could use to transition upstream bugs to distro bugs,
>> then? I'm all for having a single bug list - at least until there's other
>> consumers of a project than Ubuntu.
>

> Not that I'm aware of but I think this can be quickly crafted.

Yes please :)

Perhaps the things I work on are unusual, but I'd guess that 90% of all the
bugs filed against autopilot are filed against the upstream project, and
we've grown accustomed to looking there for bug reports.

I concede the point about the fact that people dogfooding Ubuntu Touch
should file bugs against the distro, I'm just not sure how to reconcile
that with the fact that most of our users file bugs against the upstream
projects, and our developers are trained to work with upstream bugs rather
than distro ones.

Your proposal makes sense, I have no trouble adopting it, I would love to
get a more sane work flow than "now you have to look in two separate bug
lists every day".

Any hints?
--
Thomi Richards