Introduction

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 14:39:39 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Monika Schrenk <moni.schrenk at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everybody,

Hi Monika,

I'm new to the Ubuntu Quality Team, so I want to introduce myself to all of
> you.

Welcome to Ubuntu Quality Team and thanks for joining the mailing list :)

> I'm Monika from Austria, 26 years old, student of computer science and
> working at the service line of an Austrian telecommunication provider.

My name is Ali (amjjawad is my username) and I am having many roles within
Ubuntu Communities - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad - but when it comes
to QA, I am the Head of Ubuntu GNOME QA Team and Ubuntu Quality Social
Media Administrator. I am glad that you have joined us so you can spread
the word of Ubuntu on your city/country and help us to make Ubuntu even
better :)

> I'm using Ubuntu and Arch since a few months. Before, I was using Mac OSX.
> I want to help improving Ubuntu on Apple devices and to help to make Ubuntu
> even better than it is already in general ;) I have no experience in
> testing yet, but I'm willing to learn all about it and start from scratch.

Because you don't have experience with testing, that makes you the best
candidate to test :)
Trust me, it is fun!

Please, head over: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam

Have a look at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/FAQ

Try to be familair with the basic stuff at the moment and if you have a
Social Media Account, please join us:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam#Social_Networks

> Hope to have a good cooperation with you!
>
> Yours, Monika

We do hope so as well :)

Thank you for joining and we are looking forward to have fun and enjoy
testing together!

We will have a very busy cycle and this one is going to be for an LTS
release so there are lots and lots to learn and do ;)

Best Regards,