[Start Lubuntu] Road Map/Master Plan - version 1.0

Fernando Botelho fernando.botelho at f123.org
Wed May 1 17:24:05 UTC 2013

Hi, I am interested if we can be a bit more ambitious about it.

For example, if we keep using the word Linux in our communication, we
will keep scaring away the same 90 to 95% of potential users; the
non-technical ones.

We should use Lubuntu or Ubuntu or some other catchy brand that mentions
nothing about Linux.

Google avoids the word Linux in both Android and its Chrome laptops and
they have a few million times the resources we have. So if they cannot
make the brand Linux sound user friendly, I do not think we should waste
time and energy trying to do so. After all, we are trying to get people
some fredom, not compete with the power of mass media head-on.

Just a suggestion,

Fernando