Quality Community

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Wed Mar 13 23:12:04 UTC 2013

I wanted to cross-post this to our list as well, as it contains some
pertinent info, as well as what I've written on my blog post this afternoon:

http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2013/03/kick-starting-quality-for-ubuntu-touch.html

In short, let's leverage our knowledge of manual and automated testing
for the new platform.. Starting with the core applications. We'll also
be getting into hardware testing, writing some cool automated tests
using umockdev (https://github.com/martinpitt/umockdev) and autopilot if
we can, and in general smoke testing and dogfooding the images and apps
as they come. But there's no reason to wait! We can be involved now and
stay informed with what's happening on the platform, as well as working
with the developers to keep things humming along nicely. There's plenty
of cool stuff to do, enjoy and test no matter what skills you bring to
the table, and it's all happening now.

I'm excited about being a part of making sure ubuntu touch is an amazing
platform -- I know I want a ubuntu phone, and we can be a big part of
making it a nice experience.

Squirming with excitement,

Nicholas