13.10 daily image - Unity not launching after upgrade

Vasudevan Kottilil vasudevank2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 22:10:57 UTC 2013

Thanks, Phil; Tried update/upgrade again today and still can not boot/log
into 13.10 after upgrade. During upgrade, saw a bunch of errors like these
"(gtk-update-icon-cache-3.0:5767): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf
loader module file
'/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No such
file or directory
This likely means that your installation is broken."
Than I  reinstalled the older image from dvd and did an update/upgrade;got
the same errors.
Vasudevan Kottilil