Automated Testing Updates + Workshops!

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Tue Jul 2 20:09:42 UTC 2013

As you may have seen or heard, the push has begun towards getting all of
the core apps well tested in the form of autopilot test suites for each
of them.

Elopio, aka Leo, has been working on taking the initial ubuntu sdk
emulator and getting it made an official part of the ubuntu sdk. Thanks
to all the core apps authors for your help and feedback; Martin, Dmitry,
Nekhelesh, Kumal, others I might be forgetting ;-) The first part has
now been merged, and the rest is well in progress. I'll try and post
something soon with full details for using this. In the meantime, ping
elopio on IRC if you want to try it out (it's limited to toolbars at the
moment)

fginther, aka Francis, has also been hard at work getting jenkins up and
running with the autopilot tests already written. You can see the
initial results here, http://91.189.93.70:8080/job/generic-mediumtests/.
Don't be alarmed to see jenkins bot on your merge requests talking about
autopilot tests :-)

Now, as part of the quality community team I'd like to invite you to
come alongside these teams and help out by writing autopilot tests.
Don't worry if you don't know autopilot, or even if your lacking phone
hardware. You can write and test your applications directly on your
ubuntu machine (even in a VM :-) ).

We're hosting a series of workshops to help you get started. They will
be in #ubuntu-quality.

Tomorrow!, Wednesday July 3rd at 1800 UTC
Friday July 5th at 1300 UTC
Tuesday July 9th at 1800 UTC
Thursday July 11th at 2200 UTC

For more information check out:
http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2013/07/automated-testing-workshops.html

Feel free to contact me directly as well.

Thanks,