New joiner introduction

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Thu Jan 31 16:24:52 UTC 2013

Oleksander, welcome aboard! Since you spoke about automated testing,
here's some things that might be of interest to you right now:

Tomorrow, we're hosting a hackfest where you can learn about autopilot
(an automated testing framework we use) and help contribute testcases.
Details are here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/AutomatedTesting/Hackfest.

Here is the session we did at UDW yesterday on autopilot. It explains
and gives a good overview of what it is and how you can use it. You can
find the log here:
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2013/01/30/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t18:00

Finally, I'd encourage you to have a look through the mini-tutorial I did:
http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2012/11/getting-started-with-autopilot.html
http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2012/11/our-first-autopilot-testcase.html
http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2013/01/introspecting-with-autopilot.html

Whew, that's some reading for you! Please ask questions, and don't be a
stranger. There's other activities to get involved with as well, but
I'll try not to overwhelm you with everything at once :-) Again, welcome!

Nicholas