Unusability of bluetooth is one of the worst plagues in Ubuntu

Gabor Toth gabor.me at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 12:46:45 UTC 2013

There are a lot of truths in what you are saying.  There seems to be some
points that I have different thoughts about.
There are limited programmer resources and seems to be a good idea to
pre-work which can be done by none-programmers.
There are and probably always will be some big amount of bug reports and
some of them are critical, some important, some not so important and some
trivial.  Thus one needs to prioritize somehow.  During this of course
mistakes can be made.
One of the way to see how important a bug is to try to reproduce.  A bug to
be a bug does not necessary need to be reproducable.  However you can have
bugs that are just freak incidents - had some which never returned - ever.
Also if the bug can be only produced on one computer then it can be an
isolated bug effecting a rare architecture or set of circumstances. In this
case the question will rise how important that bug is compare to one that
appears on every or at least a lot of different computers. Also raises the
question how to fix it if the programmer does not have that architecture
and thus can't reproduce, test.  Pretty hard to work with I would think.

These are my thoughts.

Ml,

Gabor Toth

Sent from Nexus 7