Changes to wiki page Bugs/Importance

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Fri Dec 6 20:18:56 UTC 2013

On 12/06/2013 02:05 PM, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Why I *changed pages* without asking
> - Because I guess letting people make changes and discussing only
> those on which we don't agree makes *further progress*, further than
> speaking everything before hand. And if there's no consensus letting
> other's opinion to prevail.
Alberto I applaud your willingness to make changes and be proactive.
That said, we need to discuss things first.

> - How much *time* do you thing a message like this will someone take
> to write? And to answer? How do you see this for *every choose* (or
> not choose)?
Making changes prompts discussion, and as you noted, if you want to make
big changes you don't want to discuss them all before making them. The
answer to this is to copy the wiki pages in question and make your
changes there so others can see. For example, I can clone the entire
QATeam wiki to a new page under my name, ala

wiki.ubuntu.com/balloons/QATeam

and make drastic changes there. Then ask others for feedback. Does this
make sense? Look at the

Again, I'm always glad to see people striving to keep the wiki relevant
and up to date. So I applaud your work. I think it just happened in the
wrong place. Can you copy everything over to a new place under your name
and revert the changes you made then on the primary pages? We can
discuss and tweak things on the copies, and once we're ready, replace
the main pages again.

Thanks,