Fwd: People do not understand the desktop installer

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 11:14:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

After weeks of discussion and thinking, I have filed a bug against
ubiquity with focus on a way to wake the user up from from clicking
automatically before reading the text. See the attached pictures in the
bug report (attaching them to the mail communities does not work).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1256874

"warning colour needed when the entire disk will be used"
-----
Minimum task:

I think the most risky case is where 'the entire disk will be used',
which is written with bold font on the second page. The title is 'Erase
disk and install Lubuntu' with large font. It is evident if you stop and
read. But the background colour is neutral grey and the text is normal
black. I think the background of that second page should be red (like
the red signal colour for recording or of traffic lights). And the text
should be bold.This should stop some people from clicking automatically
before reading the text. See the attached pictures

erase-disk-old.png and erase-disk-new.png
-----

Even if you don't think you would fall into that pit yourself, please
mark that it affects you. Think that maybe a friend (that you convince
to use an Ubuntu flavour OS) will make the mistake and overwrite what is
important and not backed up.

Best regards
Nio