Just Starting Ubuntu

Trevor DuPuis technitrevor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:18:11 UTC 2013

Hello All,
I am just starting to get into Ubuntu.  I am the type of person that is
curious and would like to dive right into Ubuntu.  I'm also a novice to
this kind of stuff but I am eager to learn.  So, I guess I'll explain a
little of why I want to get into Ubuntu in the first place.  Let's just say
that I would like to know what's under the hood.  Windows and Mac OS is a
product that I don't really get the chance to look inside and see what each
part does.  I also have some frustrations on how things are presented and
utilized.  That is what I'm hoping to get from Ubuntu, the chance to
explore the lower levels of the computer's Operating System.

Before I get into the thick of things, I would first like to see what the
Ubuntu looks like.  I would like to see the App store.  Which programs are
available to Ubuntu that I use regularly on Windows?  Which programs could
be replaced by others.  I'd like to know how good my graphics looks.  How
intuitive the interface is (I really like the Mac OS dock and I'm not a big
fan of Window's Task bar).  I understand that Linux has a great command
line system.  I've never really used one, so I'd like to try it out.

Well, I'm gonna need the communities help on figuring this kind of stuff
out.  I also think that if I was apart of the project, I would have an
easier time sticking to it.