Chromium dev.

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 15 22:23:24 UTC 2013

Hi Scott,

The 'PPA' I think you refer to [1] is not supported, and has not been for
over a year. The Ubuntu team are simply concentrating on having SRU's. The
PPA link I provided states that is not 'official', and this information was
sent to the QA/Testing members only. I also stated that if they were to use
it, they should know how to 'roll back'. At present, there seems no formal
method of getting Chromium from 'dev', to 'beta' to 'released'. Security
updates from the current version on release to the dev version are over 2
release steps out of sync. which is not ideal, but out of my hands.

Regards,

Phill.
1. https://launchpad.net/chromium-project