[Lubuntu-wiki-docs] End Of Life..

David Gumberg davidnoizgumberg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 22:59:51 UTC 2013

For those of you who are wondering, the reason older machines can't run
12.10 or 12.04, it's because the kernel uses PAE (it's a method to have
more than 4 gigs of ram on a 32-bit operating system I think), and for
those of you who have hardware that doesn't support PAE, the two good
alternatives are LXLE and Fedora (LXDE spin). If you want something more
upstream, go with the Fedora, but if for some reason you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO
have that Debian/buntu experience I'd go with LXLE (Lubuntu Extra-Life
Edition), it's Lubuntu 12.04 with a couple of tweaks, and it uses a non-PAE
kernel. I've tried and used both of them, and and Fedora is a bit more
vanilla LXDE so I prefer it, but both alternatives are awesome!