Lubuntu 13.04 PPC Testing - Now Clarify Netboot Testing

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 8 19:09:48 UTC 2013

Good Catch,

this test case for PPC, is wrong. It should refer to
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/testcases/1499/info  of which
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/testcases/1500/info seems to be a
duplicate of? and not http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/testcases/1465/info

The Mini (network) install test cases should only be to tested to the point
that it reboots okay. It is for the flavours (teams) to discuss how to
proceed with adding what they want onto it (LAMP, Mail-Server, Lubuntu etc.
etc.) from the tasksel listing. This is what lubuntu does in
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/MinimalInstall#Method

As there seems to be 'test-cases' for mini-iso, that are actually nothing
to do with testing the actual successful installation of it. These
additional tasks are a function of the application tasksel and should be
moved to 'optional' or even to 'applications-testing' and away from
iso-tracker. We can advise on the options available in tasksel and people
can log in and use tasksel to install what every they want.

@ Nicholas, can I have your views on this?

Regards,

Phill.