Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Beta 2 testing and testcase rewrite

Ho Wan Chan smartboyhw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 13:43:59 UTC 2012

Hi folks!

We are now getting to the final stages of Ubuntu Studio 12.10 development.
Now comes Beta 2, the only beta before RC and Final release:)

It will be released on Thursday and it is time to find help on testing the
ISOs.

Go to [1], click "Ubuntu Studio DVD (architecture)" and follow the
testcases there. You may have noticed that now it has 4 testcases instead
of 2. It is just a testcase reorganization in the QA Team don't worry:)

If you have never done testing before [2] is an excellent guide to start:)

BTW we are working on a testcase rewrite. We want help to write a testcase
that will focus on post-installation testing, especially in multimedia
creation and audio.

Edit [3] to give your ideas. The suggestion will be put into [4] so that
you can actually have a preview of it.

Find me on #ubuntustudio-devel or #ubuntu-testing to find help:)

I thank you all for helping us to build a better Ubuntu Studio and wish you
a happy testing!

Regards,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw)

P.S. If you have hardware that support 64-bit please test 64-bit. In the
last few rounds we discovered that 32-bit testing is more popular.

Links:
[1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/238/builds
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/
[3]