Daily build vs. alpha/beta

Phill Whiteside PhillW at PhillW.net
Sun Sep 16 00:40:32 UTC 2012

Hi John,

there is a thing called regression. Simply put, a minor bug fix then
re-opens a load of bugs that were in containment. This also can occur when
the devs bring together several bugs into one release. If they were to put
out one release per day / per bug..... 12.10 could be expected about the
year 2020.

We use the alpha / betas as benchmarks, anything thing that makes things
worse is a regression,

I hope that explains things to you, please feel free to ask further
questions.

Regards,

Phill.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw