Daily build vs. alpha/beta

John Kim johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 22:40:31 UTC 2012

Hello QA,

I've been attending school for a few weeks now. I will get my act together
and continue contributing.

Anyway, I see that a lot of qa testers are trying out the betas and
catching some bugs.

I understand that the daily builds are the latest, up-to-the-minute Ubuntu
distribution, but why do QA Testers flock over to the alphas/betas to go
test for them?  Why do they not test the latest daily build in such droves?

Most Ubuntu developers stick to the daily builds to do their dev work on
it.  To what extent is the daily build useful for the QA Tester?

Thanks, and have a good day!

--
John Kim
Ubuntu enthusiast