Fwd: Re: guided upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to 12.04 LTS.

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 13:50:04 UTC 2012

More progress ...

Emacs with GUI kicked me back to the login screen. This was similar to
the previous problems with screenlets, but worse, since it happened in
all desktop environments, also those based on gnome3.

Fortunately I found the following bug report,

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/emacs23/+bug/795373

where I added the following comment:

I recently upgraded from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Emacs and also some other programs caused exit back to the login screen.
I'm glad, that I found this bug report, because I can also fix the
problem uninstalling xfs :-)

Uninstalling xfs also fixed the problem with screenlets.

Best regards
Nio