Join Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) Laptop Testing

Sergio Zanchetta primes2h at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 19 16:22:41 UTC 2012

Hi all!

First of all, a huge thank you to all people that have tested Quantal
Beta 2 milestone:
alessiogrossosgarrillo, android-lee, antonio-allegretti, carla-sella,
druellan, gabor-me, jackyang-us, lapor, mfauzirahman, moteprime,
shishimaru, wkclemmons.

Well done guys!

Then, since the great Quantal Quetzal (12.10) has just been released
we now ask everyone on
the QA team to participate in the laptop testing.

The procedures for testing your laptop and reporting results are
explained on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Laptop/Procedures

There are three kind of images available:
Ubuntu Desktop amd64
Ubuntu Desktop i386
Ubuntu Desktop amd64+mac

Post your test results on the Laptop tracker [1] and if you find any
bug with the release, report them on Launchpad and on the tracker as
usual.

You'll require a laptop profile in order to pair results and bugs with
your hardware.
To have it, we recommend to first run Checkbox from your
system, then search for the corresponding profile on the Ubuntu
Friendly website [2].

Please let us know if you have any questions, we will coordinate
testing in #ubuntu-testing on freenode.

Thank you very much for your help and happy testing! :-)

[1] http://laptop.qa.ubuntu.com/
[2] http://friendly.ubuntu.com

--
Sergio Zanchetta