ARM This week in QA

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 10 09:03:42 UTC 2012

On 09/10/12 17:17, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
> On 10/09/2012 11:33 AM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
>> On 10/08/2012 08:50 PM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
>>> ....  In addition for those in ARM, please take a moment this week
>>> to do a couple tests:
>>>
>>> 1) Install beta2 and upgrade to the current archive version. Note
>>> any issues
>>> 2) Install the daily and report results
>>> 3) Report results of how well unity is running -- responsive and
>>> usable? Graphical glitches, etc?
>>>
>>> In addition, remember this ole page from beta2?
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/QuantalTestcaseUpdates. Excellent
>>> work to all who helped make the work happen. There is still a few
>>> items needing work, mostly around splitting out ubiquity features,
>>> and reviewing some of the testcases, etc. If you want to help in any
>>> of this work, as always just speak up ;-)
>>>
>>> Breathe deep. If you blink the next 2 weeks will be gone before you
>>> know it. And guess what? Quantal is COMING!
>>>
>>> Nicholas
>>>

>> Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say beta1, not beta2! ARM testers, you
>> can find the test in question here:
>>
>> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/219/builds/25309/testcases
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Nicholas
>>

> Just in case you need the specific link ARM folks :-) Elfy asked, and
> it's worth passing along
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/quantal/beta-1/ubuntu-12.10-beta1-desktop-armhf+omap4.img
>
> Nicholas

Installed beta1, updated and upgraded and rebooted.

Very slow - unresponsive.

Odd black bar at top just underneath top 'panel'

Apparently a compiz bug - so I reported it - there's a screenshot
attached to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/1064871

Rebooted - nothing at all.

No tty's.

Left it installed in case anyone has any idea how to get it booted

Elfy