Raring Cadence Week 1

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Mon Nov 26 21:30:36 UTC 2012

Just an update to talk about the unity autopilot tests I included as
part of our testing this week based on feedback from the initial folks
who have attempted to run and report results.

First, please don't file bugs against unity for any test failures you
may encounter. Because the testsuite is still new, there are some tests
that may fail -- don't be alarmed if you have many failures. In order to
generate useful data, I will be manually collating the testing data from
this week and passing the information along to the unity team. I repeat,
please don't file bugs for now -- this won't be helpful to the unity team.

Because the testsuite is so long to run in one sitting, the testcase has
been updated to explain how to run sections of the suite, as well as how
to log the results from each testcase by attaching a link to your log
via paste.ubuntu.com (or your favorite paste site :-) ). For example,
I've posted a couple results from me personally running the tests here:

http://packages.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/246/builds/28425/testcases/1466/results

Switcher, PASSED:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1390078/

Quicklists, FAILED:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1390112/

Since your not reporting any bugs, you'll have to mark everything as
'passed' (sadface :-( ), so be sure to post your failures in front of
the log when you file your results. Longer term, better reporting for
these autopilot testcases will be explored, but for now I'm enjoying
generating some logs and seeing what autopilot is capable of. Just
remember the more people who generate test results, the more work I get
to do on collating them.. haha.. Make me sweat!

Nicholas

P.S. Keep the feedback coming. I want to get people familiar with the
idea of running these autopilot testcases -- as after all, this cycle
we're going to make more :-)