Ubuntu Classroom sessions for QA

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 21 01:31:57 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

We've had a quick chat here and there. At this early stage, the suggestions
are (along with my suggested order):

Introduction to QA - Nicholas (Don't think you were getting away without
hosting one)!
Introduction to test cases - Phillw (Introduction for what they are, what
they do & writing one for GCalc or some other really easy application).
Introduction to QA tools such as zsync, testdisk, virtual machines etc. -
this may have to be split down into more than one 30 minute session, but we
do have enough people to cover their favourite testing methods that are not
'actual' kit.
Introduction to ISO install testing - Smartboyhw, use of QA tracker.
Introduction to laptop testing - Noskcaj, difference between virtual
machines and testing on actual 'kit'.

Automated testing classroom is currently due during Ubuntu Developers week
[1]

As we are on "pause" with weekly IRC meetings owing to the global
governments refusing to revert to GMT and save all this Zulu / UTC +/- this
many hours :P Feel free to put things forward and volunteer to hold a 30
minute session. As Liz has previously stated, the ubuntu-classroom team are
fantastic. Nervous of my 1st one? Heck, yes I was (and still am)... Enjoy
it? You better believe it! There are many people who would be delighted to
'buddy' you on a session.

Regards,

Phill.

1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek/Timetable