Weekly Meeting Format and day/time poll

Chris Johnston chrisjohnston at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 8 17:26:09 UTC 2012

Greetings,

Is a meeting even needed at this point in time? Are there enough things
that get discussed with enough people at the meeting to discuss them, or
should discussions just take place on the ML where people have more time
to reply? Another option would be to just hold a monthly meeting and
hopefully more people could attend, and hold most discussion through the ML.

If a meeting is needed, my fear with trying to do meetings using
hangouts is that you will quickly meet the limits set by Google on
hangouts. I would say that IRC is probably the best way to hold meetings.

I think that using Hangouts on Air would be a great idea for doing
training and such where a couple of people could 'run' a training
session on how to do something, which people could watch live, and it
will be available later for others who are unable to 'attend' the
training live.

cJ