Fwd: Some questions

El Merehbi, Ibrahim bobmerhebi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 22:02:40 UTC 2012

Hello all,

First things first; could you please check out the following bugs &
the bot comments:

From what I learned by reading is that when testing It is recommended
*not* to do an update (e.g; UM or dist-upgrade) for the sake of not
breaking the system, so why am I being asked by the bot to do that?

Second,

    I installed 12.04 Beta 2 & once in the "Additional Drivers" i get
the following:
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7966/screenshotfrom201203301.png
    I wonder which of the graphics drivers should I activate? What is
the difference between them? (P.S.: previously -before the new
installation-  I activated the last one).

    By the way, the instructions for the test case for the External
screen are not clear; shouldn't it ask to plug in an external monitor?
Of course it should, otherwise it is just the same test as that of the
builtin screen:
http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Hardware/GFX/ExternalPrimary

A few other misc questions (hope it is the right place):

Precise Daily on iso.qa have same end-name regardless of distro, why?
For example:

    Ubuntu:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/20120331/precise-desktop-amd64.iso.zsync
    Lubuntu:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-live/20120331/precise-desktop-amd64.iso.zsync

Moreover, only Ubuntu (other distro no?) have laptop qa's?

What are:
    Ubuntu Core
    Netboot
    Upgrade