ISO Testing Cadence

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Tue Jul 17 03:21:44 UTC 2012

During the quantal cycle a thread was proposed to change the way we as
ubuntu look at testing and quality. For details, check out the archives

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2012-June/thread.html#35345

I fair warning, it's quite long :-)

As part of this, last week I issued the call to do focused testing of
our daily isos. This may have come as a surprise to some of you, so I
put together a post with some more information here:

http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2012/07/testing-in-cadence.html

I'd like to see us come from the woodwork and commit to this for the
remainder of the cycle. It's a big undertaking, and not something that's
every been asked of by the qa community in ubuntu before. For the
precise cycle we helped deliver a stable platform that can be supported
for 5 years. It was a first for us as a community. This cycle we're
continuing paving new ground in setting a cadence for regular testing.
Won't you join us?