Ubuntu 12.04 LTS not able to bootup on Hewlett Packard HP8560w notebook

Gema Gomez gema.gomez-solano at canonical.com
Thu Jul 12 08:20:46 UTC 2012

On 11/07/12 08:27, TanTH7 wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>                 If you have fix the below problem, let me know so I can
> download the iso file again and verify the problem is gone now.  Whenis
> your best guess this bug is fixed and I can do testing again?  Hope to
> hear from you again.

Dear tanth7,

Are you sure you wanted to install server? It sounds to me as if what
you are after is Ubuntu Desktop.

In any case, I don't think you sent this email to the right list. When
things fail, you are supposed to raise a bug on launchpad, adding as
much information as possible so that a developer can look into it and
fix it. A mailing list is not the right place to track this kind of
issues. On this mailing in particular, we do manual testing and report
bugs, but we are not responsible for fixing them, that is the task of
the developers.

You can read about how to raise a bug:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

Once you have raised a bug, make sure to talk to some developers, or let
bug-control know so that they can make the right developer aware of the
problem:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl/

Your problem doesn't sound so much as a testing problem, but as a bug
that should be reported and dealt with. Once you've raised the bug, make
sure you follow up with the developer (they may ask you for further
logs, or to try a tentative solution) and if you collaborate, the bug
will end up fixed.

Thanks for taking the time to report the problem, and for helping make
Ubuntu better!

Gema

--
Gema Gomez-Solano        <gema.gomez-solano at canonical.com>