Ubuntu 12.04 LTS not able to bootup on Hewlett Packard HP8560w notebook

TanTH7 tanth7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 06:11:54 UTC 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

                After downloading ISO file ubuntu-12.04-server-amd64.iso
obtained from http://www.ubuntu.com/download/server, the installation was
successful and complete on HP8560w computer.  Upon boot-up, I noticed that
the graphics device driver has a failed error message after which I cannot
see the usual Ubuntu login screen.  The sound is correct for the login
screen.  Appreciate if you can check the graphics device driver file to see
if it is correct.  Please help to forward to the relevant person for him/her
to attend if you are not the correct person.  Hope to hear from you soon.
If you do need further information, please do let me know.

CPU: Intel(R)Core(TM) i7-2720QM CPU at 2.2GHz

System Type:64bit

Display Adapters: Nvidia Quadro 1000M

Rgds,TH Tan