Fwd: Lubuntu Testing

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 31 20:49:55 UTC 2012

Hi Dan,

I can only access via CD on the Mac I can access (It doesn't have dvd
reader). So, whilst the images are over sized I cannot help as to why the
lubuntu daily for PPC will not boot and the older kubuntu one will. I'm
only aware of one other Lubuntu user with access to a Mac for testing. Are
you sure your mac can boot from dvd, as mine cannot.

There is a QA meeting on Wednesday evening (UTC), I have cc'd that team to
ask if there are any other people on the general team who have access to a
Mac to try and assist.

regards,

Phill.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Koch <drk3426 at gmail.com>
Date: 31 January 2012 01:37
Subject: Lubuntu Testing
To: phillw at vpolink.com

I now have my brother's Mac  set up and ready to go in my basement. To
the best of  my knowledge,  this  is a G-3 "Quicksilver" but I really
don't know as it was purchased used with no book or papers. I ran a
Kubuntu 10.10 live CD on it and the system info read "Drive
Title-IBM-DPTA-372905, storage size-19.1 GIB; and Drive
Title-Maxtor54098U8,  storage size 38.2 GIB.

I would  like to participate in the Lubuntu testing as best I can. I
have downloaded the current build which only fits on a DVD (reported
as a bug) and the only other iso on that list which fits on a CD.
Neither one will boot - by that I mean, neither disk will  spool up on
the drive. This machine WILL boot live CD's of Kubuntu 10.10 Ppc,
Ubuntu 10.10 Ppc, and an old copy of Xubuntu 6.06(?) Ppc I had laying
around, so it will occasionally boot if it feels like it. I'm going
to try re-burning on my Windows machine at work, but other than that I
don't  know what to do next. I do realize that you  may not be the
correct party to send this to,But I hope you can at least forward it
to  the correct party. Please have someone let me know  what to try
next. Thanks.

Dan  Koch

--
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw