Software Center Issues

Javier Domingo javierdo1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 06:20:16 UTC 2012

First of all, I must say this is not the proper list, this is qa list, for
this type of support, try with ubuntu users list.
Second, now thata you asked, you may know that there are several things
ubuntu doesn't do by default. For example, if you go to system conf->
software sources, you will find out that there aren't activated all of them.
About flash-player, you may install flasplayer* packages. And about vlc, it
has its own package.
To use other external sources, use add-apt-repository, and don't forget to
update.

I hope this helps someway,

Javier Domingo