Chromium

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 14 04:37:58 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

@ Alex, you are in direct as I want to CC to others. You have already
stated your wish to help out on this issue.

@ Chad & Micah, I see answers to chromium bugs with the statement "please
up grade to to version XYZ". However, I never see a link for someone to do
so. The 'official' PPA[1] is out dated, Chad's[2] is still a personal PPA
and seems about level with Alex's personal PPA[3].

This may sound completely daft, but could you guys work together so that
Chromium updates are available for people? At present, with all of the
apologies from 'official' yet trying to give people a link to an update for
their problems I'm still using the link in the lubuntu 'work around' area
[4]. A 'work around' for such an important part of a system is not ideal as
Alex's PPA was turned down as 'not official' and the current alternate is
another PPA.

I'm not even going to begin on the SRU exception allocated to Chromium as
you guys know much more about Tech. Board exceptions than me [5].

<< Bashes head against brick wall....

Regards,

Phill.

1. https://launchpad.net/~chromium-daily/+archive/stable