Netboot

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 2 22:06:10 UTC 2012

Hi Nicholas,

following on from a quick IRC chat.. all the mini.iso's are called....
mini.iso.... This makes keeping track of which one you're testing a
nightmare! A couple of examples....

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/raring/main/installer-amd64/20101020ubuntu195/images/netboot/mini.iso
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/raring/main/installer-i386/20101020ubuntu195/images/netboot/mini.iso
http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/dists/raring/main/installer-powerpc/20101020ubuntu195/images/powerpc/netboot/mini.iso

This does not follow, in any way shape or form, the naming of the isos that
we use! Yes, I know that it could be somewhat of a nightmare... but now is
really good time to get it sorted :)

If you could have a chat with the release team about having the cron job be
tweaked so that the 'unique' part of a build is put onto the iso instead of
the directory so that it follows what happens for other iso's.

Thanks,

Phill.