Cadence Testing -- my thoughts on how the cycle has gone

cprofitt indigo196 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Aug 21 23:04:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 12:32 -0400, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
> I know, lots of emails today -- it's quite a week to be in QA :-)
>
> We've been chatting on and off via the list about this idea of cadence
> testing, and the struggles we've hit. I wanted to share my thoughts
> and ideas on what's gone right and what's gone wrong with cadence
> testing this cycle.
>
> http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2012/08/the-grand-cadence-experiment.html

Very well written post, based on what you said  I agree. I hope we can
iterate forward and improve the process. I have complete faith that with
your help the QA community can do just that.

> Secondly, I want to say a big thank you to everyone who participated
> in these cadence testing events. They were a mass of confusion and
> pain for you, I know. We learned many things from executing the
> events, and I'm proud to say together we achieved what was asked of
> us. Going forward however, I'd like us to continue the conversation of
> bringing in value and being a larger part of the release process. My
> goal is to keep you informed about what's going on so that can happen.
> We'll keep iterating forward!

I would also like to extend a big thank you to everyone who
participated... my life is crazy right now or I would have joined in
with you guys... I will make my best efforts to participate the next
cycle.

Great work everyone!

Charles