12.04.1 ISO Testing

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:20:32 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-21 03:37, Karl Anliot wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund at gmail.com> wrote:
>> .... A
>> couple of weeks ago I failed to install Lubuntu 12.04 from the live CD
>> into a 512 MB RAM computer of a friend.
>
> The graphical installer really shouldn't be locking up on 512MB, it
> should be erroring out instead.  The problem is, the lockups aren't
> consistent, unless you use the manual partitioning.
>
> This is a severe problem, especially for 1st time users.  I've filed a bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1038248

Thanks for the tips Karl,

If I remember correctly it was an early 64-bit AMD processor, and it ran
beautifully live with Lubuntu 64 bit.

I tried also to install directly without first booting the live desktop.
I had done manual partitioning before using gparted, still no go until I
used the alternate CD.

Best regards
Nio