12.04.1 ISO Testing

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Mon Aug 20 18:07:36 UTC 2012

Nio, don't worry! The alternate cd's for the ubuntu flavors are being
retained. I know for a fact lubuntu is keeping alternate cd's -- my
guess is xubuntu will also. I haven't heard confirmation from any flavor
that they are dropping them -- it's a flavor specific decision what
images to ship.The mini and netboot iso's are sticking around, so those
wishing to install ubutun on a lower spec'd machine still have options.
That said, the installer team is still working on ubiquity, and when the
alternate cd's are completely dropped, more information as far as
options for what ubiquity doesn't support should be made available. Thanks,

Nicholas