Problem using zsync

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 19 20:04:57 UTC 2012

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:00:29 -0700
John Kim <johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello QA Team,
>
> I want to use zsync.  After browsing the web for some more
> information, I understood that the iso file must be in the harddrive,
> namely the home folder, for zsync to work.

The ISO does not need to be present -- if it is not present (wherever
you you decided to be the download directory), zsync will create it new:

[cerdea-aws]cerdea at xango3:/opt/VM/iso/ubuntu$ ls quantal-desktop-armhf+omap4.img
ls: cannot access quantal-desktop-armhf+omap4.img: No such file or directory
[cerdea-aws]cerdea at xango3:/opt/VM/iso/ubuntu$ zsync http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/quantal-desktop-armhf+omap4.img.zsync
#################### 100.0% 188.4 kBps DONE

No relevent local data found - I will be downloading the whole file. If that's not what you want, CTRL-C out. You should specify the local file is the old version of the file to download with -i (you might have to decompress it with gzip -d first). Or perhaps you just have no data that helps download the file
downloading from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/quantal-desktop-armhf+omap4.img:
#################### 100.0% 5214.8 kBps DONE

verifying download...checksum matches OK
used 0 local, fetched 679084370
[cerdea-aws]cerdea at xango3:/opt/VM/iso/ubuntu$ ls -l quantal-desktop-armhf+omap4.img
-rw------- 1 cerdea cerdea 679084032 Aug 19 10:12 quantal-desktop-armhf+omap4.img
[cerdea-aws]cerdea at xango3:/opt/VM/iso/ubuntu$