Facebook Page

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 20:59:41 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Just to let everyone know, I'm a facebook person and I'm an admin for
Lubuntu Page on Facebook and Lubuntu Group on Facebook and also Lubuntu
Page on Google+

Whatever you need, let me know. I'm VERY active on facebook and 99% of the
actions on the facebook page, I'm behind that.

Thanks

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Lubuntu.Official.Page
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lubuntu.official/
Google+ Page: https://plus.google.com/b/106362800741775815583/

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ContactUs#Social_Networks

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Phill Whiteside <PhillW at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi guys & gals,
>
> as a part of Nicholas's questionaire one thing that had been previously
> discussed was how does QA advertise itself. We have bounced a couple of
> ideas about. One of them has actually arrived, albeit in a beta version.
> [1]  Nicholas will quite easily say that he is not a FaceBook person, and
> in all honesty, I am only because of Lubuntu [2]. [3].
>
> The group is 'permissive' so that only admins may accept new members, this
> has been previously shown to me to be effective in reducing spam attacks &
> I would like to keep to keep it that way. For this to continue we will need
> more admins!
>
> Hopefully there are other members of the QA group who are also familiar
> with looking after a fb group account. The banner will be done once we
> decide if we do decide to use FaceBook to improve our rating of "What,
> there, is a QA team?" score on the recent survey.
>
> I now retire and await for world war three to break out :)
>
> Nah, just joking, but please give your thoughts & if you think it will be
> useful as an area to introduce people to QA, have a chat, point new commers
> into QA, then please ask to be an admin.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phill.
> 1. https://www.facebook.com/groups/432347580138081/
> P.S. we need ~20 members to have the name changed from "432347580138081<https://www.facebook.com/groups/432347580138081/>" to
> "Ubuntu QA" Please join :)
> 2. https://www.facebook.com/Lubuntu.Official.Page
> 3. https://www.facebook.com/groups/lubuntu.official/
>

> --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

*Best Regards,
amjjawad*
Lubuntu Support Team Co-ordinator
Lubuntu Communication Team Administrator
Lubuntu One Stop Thread <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad>| My
Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>