Some questions

BOB Merhebi bobmerhebi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:30:31 UTC 2012

Hello

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Sergio Zanchetta <primes2h at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Il 31 marzo 2012 22:02, El Merehbi, Ibrahim <bobmerhebi at gmail.com> ha
> scritto:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > First things first; could you please check out the following bugs &
> > the bot comments:
> >
> >    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/969453
> >    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/969485
> >
> > From what I learned by reading is that when testing It is recommended
> > *not* to do an update (e.g; UM or dist-upgrade) for the sake of not
> > breaking the system, so why am I being asked by the bot to do that?
>
> Charlie already answered your question, but I just want to add an
> important thing about that.
> If you are testing laptop in a live environment you can't do a
> dist-upgrade obviously.

of course I'm not.

> However you can test last dev kernel just booting  the daily ISO image
> containing it.
>
> To check if the current daily is using the expected kernel just boot
> it and then run "uname -rv" from a terminal.
>
> Ciao!
>
> --
> Sergio Zanchetta
> https://launchpad.net/~primes2h

Thanks.

By the way, In "System Testing" (checkbox?), there's the last "Audio Test"
which requests to "Connect a USB audio device to your system" then asks you
"Did you hear your speech played back through the USB headphones?". I don't
quite get the test! could someone clear it out?

--
Sincerely Yours,
Merhebi, Bob