Slow DSL

BOB Merhebi bobmerhebi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 01:05:51 UTC 2011

Hello  irlandes,
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:56:43 -0500
> From: irlandes <brucemcgovern at earthlink.net>
> To: ubuntu-qa at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Slow DSL
>
> I think you have been given a good solution to slow service, Bob. But,
> another option depending upon your exact problem is the command wget.

indeed i think its a good solution though i have to learn how to use it
first.

> wget -c url.iso

already asked about the difference in a previous email before i read this.

> lets you stop download and start again at your convenience.  You can
> download a few MB, and start again, even many days later, with no data
> lost, as long as the iso has not been changed.

the problem is not the main problem; rather its the bandwidth; i'd like
to save my bandwidth as it is limited

--
Sincerely Yours,
-Ibrahim (Bob) Merhebi