Introductory email

Gema Gomez gema.gomez-solano at canonical.com
Thu Nov 24 09:12:42 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have just realized I sent yesterday's email without having introduced
myself to the ubuntu-qa team, my bad.

I am a QA Engineer and in August I joined the QA Platform Team at
Canonical. I love being part of this initiative to improve the quality
of Ubuntu and I am looking forward to collaborating with all of you.

Regarding my experience as QA Engineer, I worked for years at
Symbian/Nokia first as a Test Integration Engineer, later as a System
Test Engineer. Later I worked for VMware also as QA Automation Engineer.
My main aim at those companies has been test automation, which I am
passionate about (but only when it makes sense, automation is very
expensive!).

You can have a look at the QA Team strategy here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/AutomatedTesting/Strategy

During this cycle we are going to be making ISOs stable and reliable so
that further and more rewarding testing is possible during the whole
cycle. We are also piloting a tool called litmus, for test case
management, we'll let you know when it is ready to be used.

We'll also be putting together some metrics so that we can measure how
good is our automated testing going forward and so that we can add test
cases where they are needed the most. If you like testing and you are a
programmer, you may want to get in touch with us. If you have a bunch of
test cases you think are good and help you find plenty of defects each
cycle, you can send them to the list and we can discuss whether it is
worth automating them and how to proceed.

We have established a definition of test case that we should all use
from now on when writing test cases (either automated or manual):
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/TestCase

Any questions please send them here so that we can all learn from them.

Best Regards,
Gema

--
Gema Gomez-Solano        <gema.gomez-solano at canonical.com>
QA Team                  +44 799 053 7303