Laptop Testing

Sergio Zanchetta primes2h at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 26 19:56:40 UTC 2011

2011/3/25 Andrew Barilla <andrew at exit66.com>

> http://primes2h.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/lets-test-your-laptop-now/ and
> the fact that I've been in the Linux world for 16 years and haven't
> contributed as much as I should have, I've followed the instructions so I
> can contribute to laptop testing.
>
> My primary laptop that I can do whatever I want with in terms of testing is
> an HP Pavillion DV7-4263cl.

Hi Andrew, I see you have already started testing this laptop.
Could you please change the Manufacter name in you profile from
"Hewlett-Packard" to "HP" and the model name from "HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook
PC" to "Pavilion dv7"?
As I wrote on the Procedure wiki page [1], sometime output from 'dmidecode'
command needs to be adjusted.

Anyway, I've just added a special note for HP laptop in the wiki.

Thanks,
Sergio.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Laptop/Procedures/

>  I can also do non-destructive testing on an older HP nx6310 and Toshiba
> A205-S5864.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

Sergio Zanchetta