IPv6 World Test Day

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Tue Jun 7 04:12:56 UTC 2011

[Note I CC'd our Colorado loco in place of your California loco].

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 12:03:56PM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> I have not heard of any organized effort around this event to be held
> on June 8th, 2011.
>
> http://worldipv6day.org
> http://test-ipv6.com/ipv6day.html

Thanks, Grant.  For those who want to wake up and smell the coffee,
remember that IPv4 addresses are nearly all allocated!
So World IPv6 day is indeed a great opportunity for web site
operators, developers, end users, enterprises and anyone else who
wants their stuff to work down the road to test things out.

> There was a UDS-O session with valuable information.
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-o-ipv6-healthcheck
>  We have some basic information for Ubuntu here.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IPv6  Ubuntu Members also have a SixXS
> arrangement. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership  I think this is an
> example of an outreach opportunity for the testing community.
>
> Who is interested in participating?

I just signed up for a SixXS account - thanks for the tip.  I don't
know if I'll get it before the big day, but I'll want it anyway.

What sorts of things would be most helpful for Ubuntu folks to try
that day?

Cheers,

Neal McBurnett                 http://neal.mcburnett.org/